A perfect platform to explore your creative skills & logical thinking to construct a bridge using sticks that endures the maximum load to given limited material.
- All participants must have their college ID card.
- The participants should show their entry slip to take part in event.
- Entry closes within 15mins from the start of the event.
- The participants are advised to give their correct contact numbers at the entry desk.
- The selected teams and participants will be informed by a call for the officials.
- The participants are asked not to carry any electronic gadgets (the phones should at least be switched off) during the observation and test periods.
- Participants found guilty of malpractices will be disqualified.
- Balsa wood
- Ruler (30cm)
- Grid sheet
- Contestant who clears round one will be allowed to participate in round two.
- Each team should not have more than 4 members.
- No lamination at joints.
- No lamination of sheets (two similar members should not be glued one above another).
- The above materials are only allowed in the event and no spare materials will be provided.
- Members should not cut in breadthwise to make slenderer.
- Only length may be altered.
- The thickness of the member should be 4mm.
- It should be a determinate structure.
- Failure to comply with any of the previously mentioned rules leads to disqualification.
- Once the model is submitted for test, you are not allowed to modify your structure in anyway.
- The bridges should be modeled within the provided time.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGEMENT
- Bridges will be loaded vertically at center and tested for failure.
- A bucket will be tied to the center of the bridge using a rope and weight is added slowly into the bucket.
- The weight at which the bridge breaks will be calculated using an electronic balance.
- Decision made by organizers is final.
- PRAVEEN KUMAR
- CHELLA KARTHIK
For further information and queries.